LAST UPDATED: April 14, 2020
Best Motorcycle Jump Starters: Quickly Revive a Dead Battery
These top motorcycle jump starters will quickly get you back on the road.
PUBLISHED ON April 14, 2020
Nothing's worse than getting ready for a ride and realizing your bike's battery is dead. Fortunately, it's not too hard to get it running again if you have a motorcycle jump starter.
However, not all jumpstarting devices are the same. Some are pricier than others or have features you may not need. Check out our buying guide below to find the best motorcycle jump starters on the market.
This 1,000-amp portable lithium-ion battery jump starter features spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection. It charges using a USB cable and has a portable power bank and LED flashlight.
- Compact and lightweight
- Rugged and water-resistant
- Simple to use
- Holds a charge for a long period of time
- May stop working after a short period of time
- May not work in colder temperatures
- Micro USB charge port is not the best quality
这个800 - amp跳起动器提供了30 jumps on a single charge and includes a 12V 10A DC port and USB outputs.
- Includes heavy-duty cables
- Several safety features
A compact motorcycle jump starter that includes 2,000 amps, 21,000mAh, external device charging capabilities, and advanced technology for faster and more efficient charging.
- Dual USB ports
- Heavy-duty clamps
- Long cables
- LCD screen
Why Trust Us
Benefits of Motorcycle Jump Starters
- They're safe.It's not a good idea to jump start a smaller motorcycle battery using a car or truck because it's possible that you will cause damage to the battery or the electrical system. The best portable jump starter prevents that problem.
- They're affordable.最好的摩托车电池起动器不会花很多钱。如果你购买一个高质量的单位，它将持续多年，并将支付自己的时间。
- 他们多才多艺。The best motorcycle jump starters work on more than just bikes. Several brands are designed to work just as effectively on cars, trucks, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, and more.
- They're easy to use.One of the best things about portable jump starters is that you don't need assistance when you're using them. They have basic instructions that nearly everyone can understand.
Types of Motorcycle Jump Starters
If your bike's battery is dead or nearly so, you can use a motorcycle jump box instead of jumper cables and a car (which can damage the bike battery). These devices are small and portable and can fit in saddlebags, tank bags, tail bags, and so on. They have enough power to jump start your motorcycle multiple times before they require recharging. Still, you will need to occasionally recharge the unit so it's ready to use in an emergency.
The NOCO Company got its start in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1914. The company manufactures a variety of battery chargers, jump starters, solar panels, portable power devices, and related battery products and accessories. One popular product is the诺科Boost Plus 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter.
Topvision is located out of Alhambra, Calif., and was founded in 2016. The electronics company designs everything from Wi-Fi movie projectors, monitors, printers, laminators, and of course jump starters like theTopvision蓄电池起动器.
Motorcycle Jump Starter Pricing
- $50-$100:Motorcycle jump starters aren't cheap. Higher-end models will typically have more features, such as LCD screens, LED flashlights, 12V cigarette lighter socket adapters, and power banks for charging smartphones and other devices.
看设备的额定电压。应当d be rated for 12-volt batteries because that's what most motorcycles feature. It's a maximum rating, so the unit will not be able to jump start anything larger. You can charge batteries with lower voltage, such as smartphones, using ports.
The amperage measures how fast a charge enters a battery. In general, the more amps a jump starter has, the bigger the charge, and the quicker it will be to get your bike running again. Cheap motorcycle jump starters will have a lower capacity of about 8000 or 10000mAh, while better units will have as much as 20000mAh.
- Accessories.The best motorbike jump starters have heavy-duty clamps so they last a long time and digital displays for ease of use. Many also come with USB cables as well as built-in LED flashlights. A flashlight can be particularly helpful if you get stuck somewhere at night, and some even have SOS modes for emergencies.
Best Motorcycle Jump Starters Reviews & Recommendations 2021
这1000 - amp便携式锂电池启动er provides up to 20 jump starts on a single charge and works on cars, boats, lawnmowers, motorcycles, and more. It features spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection and charges using a USB cable.
The device is also a portable power bank and has an LED flashlight. It's rugged and water-resistant and has a rubberized case, so it doesn't scratch any surfaces. It's also compact and lightweight. It is very easy to use—simply hook it up to a dead or weak battery, hit the key, and it does the job. It also holds a charge for a long time.
Unfortunately, the unit may stop working after a short period of use. There have also been some complaints that it doesn't work properly in cold temperatures even though the company claims it's for use in any climate. The micro USB connection for charging is also not very robust.
The device has overcurrent protection, reverse polarity protection, and other safety features. The LCD screen alerts you to the power level, and there's an LED flashlight with three modes in case you need some visibility while on the side of the road. The TACKLIFE jump starter comes with a wall charger, car charger, USB cable, cigarette lighter socket adapter, and more. Overall, it’s lightweight, compact, and multi-functional, which makes it very convenient.
However, the cords are a little short, but that shouldn't be as much of an issue with a motorcycle as it can be with a car or truck. It can also be tough to maneuver the clamps in tight spaces.
紧凑型beatt QDSP 2000Amp便携式跨接起动器可能很小，但功率充足。该设备的特点是2000安培，并额定启动一个单一的充电电池多达30倍。它还可以与所有类型的电池一起工作，而不仅仅是为摩托车制造的电池，这样你就可以为ATV、UTV、汽车、船只和RVs充电。
It is a versatile jump starter with 21,000 mAh, dual USB ports for charging external devices, and it includes heavy-duty clamps and long cables. By far its best feature, however, is its Quick Discharge Start Power technology that makes it able to withstand extreme temperatures. Plus, it comes with an LCD screen so you can easily monitor charge levels.
There have been complaints about the effectiveness of the charge. Reports have indicated that it may have issues registering a 100 percent charge and after a few seconds drops to 95 percent. Also, while the clamps are heavy-duty, they can be a bit too small and can be difficult to connect.
The Topvision Battery Starter is designed to be 3-5 times more effective than the company’s previous model. It’s a souped-up, compact starter built to bring life back to batteries in cars, bikes, RVs, watercraft, and motorcycles. The power pack is able to jump start vehicles in seconds and can provide 50 jump starts on one charge.
One of its best inclusions is its bright LED light that is built with three modes. It really makes all the difference if you ever have to jump start your motorcycle at night. It also acts as a 4-in-1 multi-function machine as it has the ability of a portable device charger, includes an LED light, and has SOS lights to alert any oncoming traffic that you’re there. It also runs on 3.0 USB technology.
While it may not be considered too pricey, it is expensive for a small lightweight jump starter. Also, the instruction manual can be a bit difficult to follow if you aren’t sure what you are doing. The clamps may also be on the smaller side.
The Artek Peak Portable Car Jump Starter is designed to handle batteries in more than just your standard van or sedan. It’s also quite effective on smaller motorcycle batteries and beefier ones built for RVs.
- Your bike may fail to start for a variety of reasons. Before using a jump starter, make sure there's gas in the tank, the petcock is on, the bike is in neutral, and the kill switch is off.
- In an emergency, you can use a car jump starter. Connect the red clamp to the positive terminal on your bike's battery and the black one to the negative terminal. Start the bike and leave it running for a few minutes. Then disconnect the jumper cables by removing the red one first, followed by the black one.
- Your bike will have a harder time starting in colder weather if it sits dormant for a couple of months. Either start it up once a week during the winter or put a trickle charger on it.
Q: How long will a motorcycle battery last without charging?
Typically, a battery will die within four months if you don't use it, but that depends on its age. Older batteries may die in 1-2 months.
Q: How many amps are needed to start a motorcycle?
That depends on the engine's condition, its size, and the starting components. If you have a 12-volt battery, it takes about 200 amps to start the bike.
Q: Can I overcharge my bike’s battery?
我们挑选最好的摩托车起跳器是诺科Boost Plus 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter. 它的夹子是重型的，加上它有USB充电端口和一个LED手电筒。该装置还具有几个内置的保护功能。
For a more budget-friendly option, consider theTACKLIFE T8 Jump Starter.