Best Gas Masks: Stay Safe in Polluted Environments
Protect yourself against dangerous chemicals and pollutants with one of these top gas masks
The Review Team
The Drive和its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.阅读更多.
PUBLISHED ON December 19, 2019
This mask comes with two easy-slide cartridges to keep you protected from toxic fumes. It is NIOSH-certified, so you can be confident about your purchase. It also comes with two filters.
It may not be the best mask to use against gases like carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide. It is also not easy to wear and remove as its straps and hooks are not easy to attach.
Why Trust Us
- The way you store a gas mask determines its longevity. Loosen all the straps and let them hang toward the front of the mask. That way, they won’t get tangled.
- Gas masks usually cover the face. Ensure you have minimal facial hair or get a clean shave before using a gas mask. Alternatively, you can buy a gas mask that is designed for people with beards.
- You may need to wear a gas mask for extended periods. If you are in an area where constant hydration is important, you will need a hydration port. Get a mask that comes with a gas mask adapter and a drinking tube.
Q: How do I wear a gas mask?
- Loosen your mask, making sure the straps dangle to the front to reduce obstruction.
- Place your chin in the chin cup. Wear the mask, tilting it upward towards your face while keeping your chin in place. Put your nose in the nose cup.
- While holding the mask, stretch the straps over the back of your head.
- Secure each strap, starting with the mid strap, then the top strap, and finally the neck strap.
- Make sure the seal is tight by covering the filters and taking deep breaths. If you notice that air is still getting into the mask, the seal is compromised. Refit the mask.
A:Fill a sink with warm water and add dish soap. Submerge the mask for five to 10 minutes. Drain the water and leave the mask to dry. Once it dries, check if there’s any remaining dirt. If there is, scrub it gently.
Q: Can anyone use a gas mask?
A:Yes. However, if you have a pre-existing respiratory condition (such as asthma), it is advised that you refrain from using a gas mask as it interferes with normal breathing.
Q: Does a gas mask offer protection in a fire?
A:Gas masks have color-coded filters that indicate the types of protection they provide. You need to ensure that the filter you use is designed for protection against carbon monoxide and smoke. It is also important to note that the materials used to make a gas mask are not fireproof and may melt.
TheDräger X-plore Respirator Maskis a great option since it is approved for different uses. It can be used with many cartridges and comes with two filters. But if you want an affordable mask, the3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6000 Series是理想的。