LAST UPDATED: October 19, 2019
Best Snow Shovel: Clear Snowfall Away From Outdoor Spaces
An ergonomic snow shovel and pusher that can efficiently scoop and push snow, even on hard surfaces such as concrete and asphalt.
Its long 51-inch shaft makes it easy and comfortable to lift a snow load. It offers plenty of leverage for tossing snow over the shoulder. Features a steel strip for breaking up the ice. Has a heavy-duty and bend-resistant steel shaft.
It’s heavier than most snow shovels. It has a plastic handle that can bend under an intense grip.
A versatile and collapsible aluminum snow shovel that can be disassembled into three pieces for easy storage.
Low price point. Easy to assemble and use. Lightweight and portable. Resistant to rust and elements. Multiple color options. It can be adjusted from 25 to 32 inches in length. Great for clearing light wintry precipitation.
Why Trust Us
Benefits of Snow Shovels
- Clear ice and snow.Snow shovels provide an easy way of clearing ice and snow that builds up on your driveway or front door, and makes it almost impossible or dangerous to leave your house. You only need to scoop or push it out of the path.
- Great workout.Snow shoveling is a great way to keep your body active during the winter season. If you are doing it in the right posture, you will get to work out your arms, shoulders, back, legs, and core from the repetitive movements with the snow shovel.
- 便宜的。If you can’t afford the luxury of having a snow blower, a snow shovel provides a cheaper way of removing snow. You won’t have to break your bank for a tool that you will only need for a season.
Types of Snow Shovels
自2004年成立以来，Snow Joe专业设计了设计高质量的户外工具，可以帮助提高您的财产的视觉吸引力。它在新泽西州马鞍山拥有最先进的配送中心。看看雪乔Shovelution Strain-Reducing Snow Shovelif you are looking for an innovative snow shovel.
- Below $30:This price range mostly includes traditional or standard snow shovels. Most have plain designs since they are only designed for clearing snow from a small area. They are designed to be lightweight to reduce the strain on your body, and so that they can be carried around with ease.
- $30 and up:这个价格范围持有一流的电动和组合雪铲。它们具有高质量的刀片，可用于推动或铲雪。有些选择配有大轮子和伸缩式手柄，可以调节到有利的工作高度。
这blade size you go for depends on the snow removing technique you frequently use. If you only need to scoop the snow, then a blade that’s about 18 inches wide will do. If you need something that can push and scoop snow, then choose a blade that’s about 24 to 30 inches wide.
Just like any other tool, the snow shovel should be light enough to use and carry around. It can be quite difficult to move a huge pile of snow with a heavy snow shovel. It will also slow you down as you work. Prioritize a lightweight snow shovel, especially if you're going to be using it for hiking.
- 轮子: Most electric and combo snow shovels are heavy and that’s why they come with wheels. Getting omni-directional wheels will be a plus for you since it will be easier to move it around. The easiest way to tell if the wheels are of good quality is by reading some of the customer reviews on the product.
- 气候：Does your region experience heavy, wet snowfall or just a regular snowfall? If it’s the latter, a standard snow shovel will do. However, if you expect more than 8 inches of snow, consider getting an electric snow shovel to remove the larger pile of ice.
Best Snow Shovel Reviews & Recommendations 2020
It has a 40-inch steel handle and a galvanized steel wear strip that helps to break up ice. It provides plenty of leverage, so it's not difficult to toss snow over your shoulder. The shape of the handle allows you to shovel without bending over too much, and it's easy to lift and toss the snow to the side. This is helpful if you have a bad back. The shovel is ribbed and angled for quicker snow removal. Overall, it's well-made and very sturdy.
This shovel is well-built and is handy to have available in case of an emergency. It's easy to assemble and use, and is lightweight and portable, so it doesn't take up too much space in your vehicle. Since it's made of aluminum, the shovel won't rust and stands up well to the elements. It's ideal for light snow.
One problem with this shovel is that the cord may get in the way, and you have to make sure that it is constantly plugged into a power source or it won't work. Also, it may get damaged on uneven surfaces and doesn't work well in icy conditions.
This American-made product takes less than 10 minutes to assemble, is easy to use, and is very durable. It tackles thin layers of ice as well as snow, and many people use it in commercial areas such as ski resorts and college campuses, but it's also great for residential communities. It saves a lot of time compared to traditional shovels, and since you're walking upright and pushing instead of bending over and lifting, it doesn't hurt your back. The manufacturer even provides a one-year warranty in case something goes wrong.
While it's faster than a standard shovel, it works best on flat areas and when there's less than 4 inches of snow on the ground. It doesn't perform well in more than 6 inches of snow. The plastic blade also has a tendency to wear down after a short period of use.
This 18-inch steel snow shovel has a spring-assisted handle that is designed to reduce strain when you clear your driveway. The blade is durable and impact-resistant, and the handle, which is 41.3 inches long, is designed so the user doesn't have to bend over too much. The shovel provides enough leverage so you can move large loads of snow without too much difficulty.
However, it can take a little while to get used to the second handle. Also, the wear strip wears down rather quickly, and it is a little short for taller people who have to bend down a bit when using it.
- Hang the snow shovel on a wall or store it in your trunk to keep it neat, within reach, and safe.
- 当使用一个雪铲清除积雪,年代hovel with an overhand grip on the handle to effectively scoop the snow. Maintain a comfortable distance between the hand on the handle and the one on the shaft.
Q: What’s the best technique for clearing snow?
A:Snow can stick on a metal or a plastic shovel. You can easily prevent that by lubricating your shovel. You can use cooking oil, petroleum jelly, or paraffin wax. You can also buy a multipurpose lubricant with a de-icing additive. Avoid applying the lubricant on the shaft or handle. Otherwise, you will have a hard time scooping the snow.
我们选择了Suncast Snow Shovel/Pusher Comboas the best snow shovel. It has a versatile design that allows you to scoop or push snow. It also has a curved shaft, which means that you use less force with each scoop.
If you are looking for an affordable option for shoveling light snow or for use when backpacking, consider the生命线铝制运动型公用事业铲子.