Best Mountain Bike Pedals: Never Lose Grip in the Woods
Great pedals will keep you comfortable on long rides
The Review Team
How We Decided
驱动器and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.阅读更多.
PUBLISHED ON November 5, 2019
The right pedals on your mountain bike are critical to enjoying your ride. The best pedals are comfortable and durable enough to survive on the trail or on the road. They also repel mud and feature a good grip that keeps your feet firmly planted. This guide features three of the best pedals available today.
Benefits of Mountain Bike Pedals
- Confidence.When you’re riding on the trail, it is important to have confidence in order to master all the movements on the bike. When you’re confident, it means that you feel comfortable with the pedals, and they’re secure.
- Work smoothly on bumpy roads.One of the reasons why users tend to choose specific mountain bike pedals is because they’re designed to work on bumpy roads. Most of these pedals come with an ergonomic design that provides you more security and power when it comes to rough roads.
- Less tight grip.This could be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how you feel more comfortable. A not-so-tight grip can give you more freedom when it comes to your movements. You’ll be able to develop new techniques and skills when using the best bike mountain pedals.
There are two common options on the market: platform and clipless. Platform pedals are flat bike pedals that come on most types of mountain bikes. They provide more freedom when it comes to motion. They’re made out of either plastic or metal. One of the great advantages of these pedals is that you don’t need special shoes to use them.
Combo pedals are a combination of platform and clipless pedals. They come with a wide platform and a clipping system. These types of mountain bike pedals are excellent for people who use their bikes for different types of movements. They’re ideal for riders who want versatility. They decide when they want to be clipped in versus have the freedom to jump whenever they want. However, some people say that it’s harder to manage clips with the combo pedals.
Schwinn.has been one of the top mountain bike manufacturers in America since 1985. It manufactures pedals, wheels, accessories, and almost any bike-related products. It’s famous for its quality universal mountain bike pedals like theSchwinn SW76173-4 universal pedal.
Shimano是一家成立的自行车制造商，成立于日本。它自1921年以来一直生产自行车相关物品。它制造了自行车部件，划船设备和渔具。Shimano于2017年赢得了世界上最具创新性的公司奖，最为令人着迷于创建耐用的自行车设备BV bike pedals with toe clips.
Crank Brothers is also one of the top leading companies for bicycle equipment. Founded in 1997, it focuses on a wide variety of bicycle components. Some of the products it manufactures are pumps, wheels, pedals, tools, and accessories. However, its most popular products are mountain bike pedals like theCrank Brothers in-clip bike pedals.
Mountain Bike Pedals Pricing
- Less than $30:这是低端价格范围。这些类型的山地自行车踏板通常是由铝合金制成的，这不是最耐用的材料，但仍然可以为山骑行工作。他们有一个泥泞的设计，他们通常很舒服。
- Over $80:在这个价格点，是高端山地自行车踏板。他们的较高价格是由于他们的耐用性和整体质量。它们坚固且可调，大多数都具有鲁棒保留爪。这些爪子提供平稳的订婚和释放。
When you clip your foot to the pedal, the cleat locks it into the pedal, and it’s firmly placed there. Pedal float is the angular rotation that is allowed for your pedal. The amount of pedal float will depend on the type of pedal. Some pedals come with a fixed amount of float, and others allow you to customize the angular rotation. Having a good amount of float rotation is great because you’ll have more versatility and freedom when it comes to movement.
Multiple Release Cleat
These types of cleats are usually sold separately from the pedals. They have an easier release system and have a higher angular rotation. They allow your foot to move inwards, outwards, and upwards. Most users buy these types of cleats because they’re more versatile when it comes to their release system and angular rotation.
One of the best things you can do is find a mountain bike pedal that is strong and solid. Remember that they will be exposed to all kinds of rocks, and sometimes they can be damaged if they’re not made out of a solid material. It is best to opt for a metal pedal.
- 调节性: This is particularly important if you’re buying a clipless pedal. You need to have one that allows you to have a good float degree rotation and also find one with the proper pedal tension. Flat pedals are a better option when it comes to adjustability.
- 可维护性: Pay particular attention to this feature. The quality of pedals may vary considerably, and you need to think about every aspect because they will need maintenance. So, it’s very important that you choose pedals that don’t require special tools, and if they do, make sure they’re not too expensive or hard to find.
- 骑行类型：This is crucial when choosing the right type of pedals. Do you practice recreational bicycling? Or do you enjoy riding in the mountains? That will determine the type of pedals you need. Flat pedals are better for beginners and they’re more comfortable if you need to get off the pedals quickly.
These mountain bike pedals are our top pick because of their high quality and efficiency. The Shimano Deore XT pedals are made of strong and durable metal. They have a chrome-moly spindle, which is a great material for mountain bike pedals. They’re resistant and solid. They also have customized entry and personalized release tension options.
踏板之间的主要联系人body and your bike and transfer the power in your legs to the bike's drivetrain to move you along the trail. If you're looking for mountain bike pedals that are affordable, strong, and lightweight, give these a try. They do a great job of keeping your feet in place thanks to their anti-skid pins with aluminium cages.
These pedals strike a balance between size, support, and grip. Their large platforms make them susceptible to strikes from rocks, but they are tough enough to ward off damage. They are made of aluminium alloy for durability and their hard spindles make for a strong grip.
这些都是一些最实惠的山bike platform pedals on the market and are worth getting for the performance they offer. However, it seems like Lumintrail forgot to make them tough enough to withstand the rigors of mountain biking. They also produce an unpleasant screeching noise.
These are the best-selling mountain bike pedals in their price bracket and are designed by a U.S.-based sports specialist. They have a tough nylon fiber surface and are resistant to corrosion, abrasion, and shock. The pedals feature anti-skid nails that hold your feet in place. And even when they are covered with mud, they will still grip your feet tightly.
4.1英寸的平台提高蹬车有效率ciency. The pedals only weigh 0.8 pound and feature an ergonomic design for long-riding comfort. They are very easy to install, as they come with identification marks (CR-L and CR-R). They are also ideal for a variety of bikes, from mountain bikes to cyclocross bikes. They are available in a variety of colors and feature Cr-Mo spindles that deliver the ultimate in performance and strength. The pedals are capable of tackling competition-level trails of different shapes and lengths.
However, these ROCKBROS pedals are not designed with endurance riding in mind and will quickly break if you use them every day. They are also not ideal for winter biking and may develop an annoying creak after a while.
- It’s worth buying good quality pedals because there’s a high probability that they will get banged against obstacles or operate in harsh elements. Cheap plastic pedals should be avoided.
- Clipless pedals can easily get clogged up with mud, adding extra weight and affecting the mechanism. The best pedals come with some form of mud-shedding design.
- When choosing platform pedals, choose one that can cover as much of your foot without any part of the pedal sticking out. The pins provide a good grip but can scratch if they are too long.
A:Flat and clipless mountain bike pedals are the two most common types. Flat pedals are double-sided and act as a platform to rest your foot. Clipless pedals act in a similar fashion but have special attachments that hold onto to cleats on the bottom of the riding shoe.
A:The name goes back to the era in which riders used straps and toe clips to keep their feet on the bike. When this type of pedal first came out they were called “clipless” because they did away with the old-style clips and straps.
我们为最好的山地自行车踏板挑选到了Shimano Deore XT. They are lightweight and durable and offer different tension settings.
For a more budget-friendly option, try theLumintrail MTB BMX Road Mountain Bike Pedals.