Best Motorcycle Helmet Locks: Protect What Protects You
Invest in a motorcycle helmet lock made of high-quality, durable materials
The Review Team
驱动器和its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.阅读更多.
Carrying your motorcycle helmet everywhere after you get off your bike is annoying. You need somewhere safe and secure to leave it while you run errands.
A motorcycle helmet lock is one of the most secure ways to lock down your helmet when you’re not around. It allows you to easily attach it to your bike and walk away without a second thought. If you need a helmet lock, here are a few to consider.
This motorcycle helmet lock secures your helmet to your bike with lock clamps. It has tamper-proof screws and comes with one lock assembly, two screws, and two keys.
- This lock is low-profile and is small enough to fit into a lot of places
- Widely compatible with several types of bikes
- It gives you the freedom to install it on any tube located on your bike
- Chrome finish means it will blend in and match the look of your bike
- Only fits specific sized tubes, so buy the wrong lock, and it won’t work.
Master Lock understands how to make a high-quality lock, and its motorcycle helmet lock is robust and durable.
- Plastic lock cover protects the helmet from being scratched
- Comes with a dead-locking mechanism to prevent forcing the lock open
- Comes with keys, so you need a place to put them so you don’t lose them
- Loop is short, and the keyholes can be difficult to operate
An impressive little helmet lock that stands out with its shiny chrome-plated finish.
- Once placed, it is difficult to remove by thieves.
- It can be a pain to remove due to the one-way screws
- It can be a hassle to find a place on your bike to mount it properly
Why Trust Us
Benefits of Motorcycle Helmet Locks
- Leave your helmet behind.当您骑摩托车时，您就没有很多存储空间。你下车时要做的最后一件事就是携带你的头盔。
- Protect your investment.Some helmets are really expensive and very tempting to thieves. The best helmet locks for bikers will dissuade criminals from stealing your equipment, which in turn gives you peace of mind.
- Inexpensive.Universal motorcycle helmet locks are very affordable. Plus, they protect your expensive gear, which is more than worth the price of the lock itself.
Master Lock, headquartered in Oak Creek, Wis., was founded in 1921. The company targets its products towards a wide variety of users, including individuals and commercial and industrial parties. Master Lock is the largest padlock manufacturer in the world. One top product is theMotorcycle Helmet Lock by Master Lock.
自行车的Choice, based in Fort Worth, Texas, started out as NEMPCO (New England Motor Parts Company) in the early 1970s before changing its name in 1998. The company manufactures parts, apparel, and accessories for American motorcycles and is run by "dedicated, lifelong bikers." One popular product is the自行车的Choice Helmet Lock.
Kuryakyn, based in Somerset, Wis., has been producing aftermarket parts and accessories for the motorcycle industry for nearly 30 years. In addition to helmet locks, it manufactures peg and foot controls, storage covers, and performance parts. One of its top locks is theKuryakyn摩托车配件：车牌头盔安全锁。
Motorcycle Helmet Lock Pricing
- $10 to $25:许多摩托车头盔锁在这个价格范围内。您可以获得充分保护齿轮的优质锁。但是，锁不一定是100％防篡改。
- $25 and up:Some locks cost upwards of $50, depending on their design. Many of these locks are permanent in nature and may provide slightly superior protection compared to their less expensive counterparts.
The best bike helmet locks are made of strong and durable materials. Ideally, the device should be constructed of heavy-duty metal, particularly steel that is heat-treated or has extra strengthening properties. The harder the steel, the tougher it will be for thieves to tamper with it. Just keep in mind that the stronger the steel, the more expensive the lock.
The best helmet locks for motorcycles come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Before making a purchase, you need to decide where you're going to store the lock when it's not in use (if it’s a portable helmet lock). Some locks are smaller and easier to carry and can fit in your pocket, while others may be too bulky to carry around.
- 电缆长度。When it comes to corded locks, there are sometimes complaints from users that the cord is not as long as they would like. Sometimes even just an extra inch or two can make a difference when it comes to comfortably securing a helmet to your motorcycle. Make sure the cord meets your needs before making a purchase.
- Convenience.Some helmet locks are easier to use than others. First, you want a lock that is easy to install, regardless of whether it's a permanent lock or a portable one. Second, you need a lock that is user friendly. It should be easy to open and close to remove and affix your helmet.
Best Motorcycle Helmets Lock Reviews & Recommendations 2021
This lock is low-profile, so it won’t take up a ton of room or be bulky on your bike’s tubing. The chrome finish gives it a beautiful look and will help it to blend in with the rest of your bike.
Unfortunately, this lock only fits a specific size of tube. This means you’ll need to measure your tube and buy the right size, or the lock won’t work right. The lock also requires both hands to lock and unlock, which can be a pain.
This universal helmet lock stands out with its shiny chrome-plated finish. It fits 7/8-inch to 1 1/4-inch tubing and comes with tamperproof, one-way screws. It mounts to your bike without issue and blends in with other chrome polished accessories.
BigPantha摩托车头盔锁是普遍的in nature and design. It is built with a self-coiling braided steel cable that is capable of stretching up to six feet long. That cabling makes it able to stretch around the bike so you can mount the helmet nearly anywhere, whether it’s on the seat or the bumper. Perhaps the best feature is the protective rubberized sleeve that connects to the helmet. Its rubber design allows it to be placed on the bike without scratching or harming the paint. The helmet lock also includes a secure pin-locking carabiner with over 1,000 possible combinations to keep your helmet safe. It’s easy to set up and compact enough to store in a pocket or bike bag as well.
The price is on the higher side. You may also find that larger helmets might not fit properly when mounted. It can interfere with the turn signals or kickstand.
- For combination code locks, make sure you write down or choose a code you can easily remember. If you forget it, you may be forced to cut through the lock to get to your helmet.
- Avoid choosing combination codes that are birthdays, anniversaries, or important dates. They may be easier to remember, but they are also easier to guess.
- For extra protection, park your motorcycle in a well-lit and frequently visited area. Locks are not a permanent solution, and if a thief wants the helmet badly enough, he or she will try to get away with it.
Q: Where can I store a helmet lock while riding?
Most locks are small and compact enough that you can store one in a saddle bag or leave it on the motorcycle while you ride. However, if you put it on the frame, rack, or handlebars, make sure it is secured tightly and does not drag or hang from the motorcycle.
Q: Can another helmet lock key be used to open mine?
Each device should be keyed differently to help prevent anyone with a similar device from unlocking another’s person’s lock.
Q: Can a helmet lock be used to lock multiple helmets?
Only some will be long enough or robust enough to do this. To efficiently lock down multiple helmets, find a lock with a longer cable.
Q: What do I do if I lose a helmet lock key?
Most helmet locks come with a spare key. If you misplace both sets, call a locksmith to open the lock. If that doesn’t work, you may need to break the lock to remove the helmet. You can, however, contact the manufacturer to see if it makes replacement keys for your specific model lock.
For a secure helmet lock that keeps your gear in place, consider theKuryakyn4232 Tamper-Proof Helmet Security Lock.
或者存点钱看看Motorcycle Helmet Lock by Master Lockfor its sturdy and reliable locking mechanism.