LAST UPDATED: July 22, 2019
Best RV Covers: Keep Your Camper Safe From Sun, Dust, and More
Keep your RV in good shape and protect it from the elements with these best RV covers
The Review Team
How We Decided
The Drive和its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.阅读更多.
This cover may not be compatible with all RV types.
Why Trust Us
Benefits of RV Covers
- Protect your RV against the elements.由于RVs往往长时间处于室外的高温中，太阳的有害紫外线会导致漆面看起来暗淡，并在仪表板上留下裂缝。另外，还有比太阳的煎炸力更可怕的东西——动物可以抓伤、凹陷，或者在里面找到一条路。一个盖子可以防止你的露营车被太阳，灰尘，动物，雪和任何其他可能有害的室外污染物损坏。
- 为以后的修理省钱。Protecting your RV can extend how many years it will have on the road. This saves you the money you would otherwise spend on maintenance or costly repairs.
Keep your camper looking new. A high-quality RV cover is made up of a breathable fabric to protect the camper from dew, dust, and mold. The cover is also a way to prevent the dashboard or any plastic from cracking under the pressure of the heat.
- 阻止小偷。An RV cover may also deter any would-be thief from breaking into the camper while you’re away. You can easily lock up one of the zippers to prevent it from being unzipped. Covers can also take some time to remove. This can make it more difficult for a thief to gain access and make it more obvious if someone is trying to break in.
A polyester RV cover is made up of several layers of yarns or fibers. They are best at protecting against the sun’s UV rays if the RV is left outdoors.
这种类型的封面是冷env功能最好ironments but also works well in warmer weather. The material is the same found in many long-sleeve shirts. Polypropylene RV covers are more resistant to acid damage, cracking, and water; however, they are not waterproof.
Perhaps one of the more common types of material, polyethylene is found in grocery bags, shampoo bottles, toys, and bulletproof vests. As an RV cover, it is a strong fabric that is water and tear-resistant.
This company was founded in 1983 in Seattle, Wash. It began manufacturing automotive accessories, such as seat belt pads and steering wheel covers. Later, the company specialized in covers for cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, golf carts, and boats. Two of its top products are theClassic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 3 Deluxe Teardrop R-Pod Travel Trailer Cover和theClassic Accessories OverDrive PermaPro Heavy Duty Cover.
ADCO成立于1955年，最初是一家家族制缝纫企业。它制造房车、挡风玻璃、摩托车、汽车和轮胎罩。它最受欢迎的产品之一是ADCO Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Travel Trailer RV Cover.
成立于格林斯博罗,北卡罗来纳州,Camco已经存在for 50 years. It develops products for ATVs, boats, RVs, and plumbing. One of its top-rated RV covers is theCamco Ultraguard Class A Cover.
- $100-$200:This price range features RV covers with basic forms of protection from wind, rain, UV rays, and dust. They will also include a storage bag when you need to stow the cover away. However, a drawback in this price range is the covers may not be able to withstand more damaging weather conditions.
- 200美元及以上：It is in this price range that you will find the best RV covers for a wider variety of campers. The covers have more upscale features to protect the RV while left outside or indoors. The covers may also have a more breathable fabric to protect against mold and rust. They may also come with reinforced seams for a more durable and tear-resistant design.
- 大小。Make sure to get an RV cover that properly fits the size of your RV. Check the measurements to your RV then compare it with the size of the cover to ensure it has a snug fit. You may also be able to find a universal RV cover.
- Environment.Consider getting an RV cover that protects against the environment you will be parking it in. For instance, if you will be in a hot temperate region, get a cover that is more resistant to heat.
Best RV Cover Reviews & Recommendations 2020
This durable RV cover is reinforced with a thick four-ply fabric that makes it tear-resistant and wind-resistant. The material provides the camper with protection against powerful gusts, UV rays, snow, dirt, and scratches. While the fabric may be thick, it is also extra breathable with six vents included on both sides of the cover.
Smaller RVs and travel trailers need covers too, and Classic Accessories has you covered. This cover is fit with custom, adjustable front, and rear tension panels and elastic hem corners to fit snugly around the RV. The triple-ply top and single-ply sides protect against the elements and keep out dust, mold, and dirt.
The cover has an integrated air vent system combined with the additional quick-drying polypro material, which reduces wind stress while also venting inside moisture. It’s also equipped with zippered panels, giving you easy access to the RV and engine compartment. Locking it to the RV is simple. The undercarriage locking strap system provides a durable and quick way to lock the cover down.
While it may be an easy cover to fit over a travel trailer, we did find that it might rip and tear at the corner seams. It’s also not fully waterproof, so you may not want to leave it out in the rain for long periods of time. It may also not fit all R-type trailers, so you will want to check your trailer to see if it is compatible with this cover.
This RV trailer is made up of a three-ply roof fabric and one-ply breathable side material. The fibers help protect against rain, snow, scratches, and dust. You also get adjustable front and rear panels with elasticized hem corners for a more custom fit to your RV.
The cover is fitted with a quick-drying integrated air vent system that provides airflow throughout the fabric. This reduces the amount of inside moisture and wind lofting. One of the best features is the inclusion of a toss bag. The simple addition removes the need for you to crawl under the trailer to lock down the cover. You also get a storage bag to stow the cover away conveniently when you don’t need it.
We did notice the cover was on the thinner side. This means you may end up tearing or ripping it more easily if you aren’t careful when putting it on or taking it off. It also may be a little large for some RVs, but the tiedown straps should alleviate any overhang.
- We suggest you wash your RV before putting the cover on. This is one way to prevent the cover from transferring dirt from one surface to the other.
- Consider picking a lighter colored cover. Lighter colors help reflect harmful UV rays more effectively. Dark colored covers will trap heat and make the inside of the RV hotter.
- 如果你的房车公园在室内,你不需要欺骗cern yourself with a heavy-duty cover. Consider a lightweight cover that focuses on keeping out dust, dirt, and mold.
Q: Will the cover scratch the RV’s paint?
Q: Are all RV covers waterproof?
A:While many RV covers are waterproof, not all of them are. Ones designed to be used specifically indoors may not be fully waterproofed. However, they may be water-resistant and act as a water repellent instead.
If you need a top-rated and high-quality RV cover that’s breathable and tear-resistant, consider theKing Bird超厚4层豪华露营车旅行拖车罩.
You can save some cash and still get a great cover by checking out theClassic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 3 Deluxe Teardrop R-Pod Travel Trailer Cover.